Saturday, November 05, 2005

Finger to the Sign

Thomas had the right idea. Don't take anyone else's word for it. Jesus, come back to life? Come on. You guys have been smoking something.
"Unless I put my hand on the wounds, touch His side, I won't believe."

Jesus said he was blessed, and then went on to say that those who don't see but believe anyway are even more blessed. Back door, front door, I don't care. Do what it takes to get your questions answered. Sooner or later the lack of a working answer will turn around and bite. Faith builds from answered questions; you don't trust a car until you know how to drive it.

Note that unlike some of the competition, Jesus didn't fry Thomas on the spot for having the temerity to question His reality. Try that with Baal or any of the others. Unfortunately people today are just as limited by tradition, believing through long-standing tradition that God loses patience easily. If that were true, I'd be dead.

No, the big problem I have is that God really does answer questions, and then assumes that I'll use the answer to move on. Answers with a purpose, touch going both ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home