Monday, November 14, 2005

He's Gone!

If Jesus suddenly pulled out of your life, would you weep?

Me... I'm not sure I'd cry. Am I that emotionally involved with the Lord? Mary looked inside the opened tomb, and Jesus' body wasn't there any more. She started crying. His absence hurt.

Oh, I have the intellectual part down solid. I know what Jesus has done for me, and what he continues to do. Emotions, however, seem to be more difficult. Mary wept, and wasn't afraid to show others that she was hurting. I can't see why.

Jesus had told them all he'd come back. She should have been expecting that, but it was such an unlikely thing that it probably didn't enter her consciousness. Now there's proof in the empty tomb and instead of realizing that the Lord had risen, she bursts into tears because someone swiped his body.

Intellect is pretty thin milk to sustain a life. It's the rational way. Rationality can't give you a reason to get out of bed, look at a sunset, or start a family. Reason is essential, but not sufficient. I think God wants to teach me to weep, and I of course run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home